Please read the information below to ensure the best possible IELTS test day experience
In case of emergency on test day: 604 553 3515
Registration time: 8:15 – 9:00 a.m.
· You must bring your original passport, Canadian Permanent Resident Card
or Secure Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS) card
. In case you want to bring a Refugee Claimant Protection Document as your ID, please email
· This must be the same ID as the one used to register. Expired IDs will NOT
· Photocopies or other forms of identification will NOT
· Candidates without proper ID will not be allowed to take the test and will forfeit the test fee.
Registration (8:15 – 9:00 a.m.)
· You must arrive at the test venue between 8:15 – 9:00 a.m.
· You must use our secure cloakroom to store all possessions, including cell phones, watches, etc.
· We advise you to use the wash-room before registration.
· After the ID check, your photo will be taken and your fingerprint scanned. If you have a head scarf or veil, you may be asked to remove this item in a separate room.
Exit procedures and break (approximately 12:45pm)
· After the written components of the test, collect your possessions from the cloakroom and exit the venue.
Speaking tests (1:30 PM to 8:30 PM) *
· Return to the test venue 20 minutes before
the scheduled time of your speaking test.
· Use the secure cloakroom, and check in with the staff.
· The speaking examiner will collect you and conduct the speaking test in a separate room.
· At the end of the speaking test, you may collect your possessions from the cloakroom and leave the test venue.
*Please note, speaking tests at the Burnaby Executive Suites Hotel take place on the Sunday following the Saturday test session, from 11:00am to 5:00pm.
Notes regarding punctuality, stationery and possessions
· You will not be admitted into the test venue after 9:00 a.m.
· We provide pens, pencils, sharpeners, and erasers.
· Cell phones and other electronic devices are not permitted in the test room.
· We recommend leaving valuable items at home.
· To reduce our carbon footprint and reduce waste generation, we do not provide water bottles at the venue. Therefore, we encourage test takers to get their own water bottles.
Please Note: Drinks, such as water or juice, must be in a clear container and must have no words written on the container.
· Reading glasses must be in a clear case.
· Under no circumstances will Coast English Testing Inc. or IELTS be responsible for lost or damaged items. This includes items stored in the car park. You are encouraged to leave valuable items at home.